Melbourne-based jewellery and accessories label Kester Black approached us to update their online presence to a more modern look and feel. The requirements included a responsive design (so the site would scale down and be easily usable to mobile phones), include a much more functional online store, and more generally increase the traffic and online conversions.
We built this site as a custom WordPress theme built on the Skeleton HTML5 framework, and a lot of custom functionality was built in which includes:
- Responsive layout reformats the site for mobiles, tablets, laptop and desktop sized browsers.
- Custom post types for varying collections, press content, and inspiration page.
- Infinite scrolling for shop and inspiration pages, and ‘Pinterest style’ fluid grid layout.
- Stockist database including Google Maps API (with location search functionality) and product type filtering/tagging.
- WooCommerce ecommerce plugin, including a highly customised interface.
- MailChimp subscription integration.
- Styling developed using LESS.